Thursday, February 2, 2012

K-pop: Girls Generation with David Letterman




Looks like a k-pop group has finally opened the biggest door yet to
America very recently.
I wasn't surprised when I heard that SNSD, more known as the Girls Generation, has performed in David Letterman's late night show.





Several k-pop stars knocked on the door to America several times,
but they never made it their despite their huge popularity back at home in Korea.
Many ended up gaining fame in other Asian countries, but they were never that big in the U.S.


So, what's such a big deal about David Letterman? I mean... he's just a TV host, right?
I do agree about the fact that he is certainly a TV host,
but I don't know if he's just a TV host.
He's a very big deal because his show is not only well known in the U.S. but also in
other countries, and approximately 4,500,000 people watch his show ever time.
Who has he hosted in his show?
I don't know.... but name him/her, and he probably hosted that person once already if not several times.
That being said, he even hosted Obama, the current president of the U.S.




Bill Murray (from Ghostbusters) is surrounded by the gals :D
What a stud... I love that guy haha





Enough of pictures...
One video, or two, is worth a thousand words:


This is when the Girls Generation arrived to Letterman's show place.
I could not embed the video here,
but here's the address:


It's amazing how big of a deal people make for them.



This is the actual performance:




They're one of the youngest celebrities in Korea,
so it's kind of a big deal that they've made an appearance on a big American TV show.
I really value their effort and courage highly,
but personally, I think that they can do a much better singing
with a little more time and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Korea's National Student's Uniform: The North Face Jumpers

Hey, hey! Have you guys heard about this brand before? I'm pretty sure everyone has at least heard of it. If you want t...